Saturday, May 2, 2009

One Thing I Know

John 9:25 He answered and said, Whether he be a sinner or no, I know not: one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see.

Let me ask you a question: Why does religion try to complicate everything so much? Here, a man who was born blind was given his sight by Jesus in a most unusual way - Jesus spit on the ground and took that clay, or mud, and used it to fix his eyes.

Now, instead of rejoicing, the Pharisees, or the religious leaders of Jesus day, came and began to question him about who Jesus was and were did he come from. And I love this man's simple response to their difficult questions: One thing I know!

There may be some things that we cannot explain, but there needs to be one thing we know - Jesus Christ! And lets not be intimidated by the "religious Pharisees" of today to proclaim the truth we know: that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief!

1 comment:

  1. There is so much truth in the healed man's answer. Why be concerned with more than Christ has for us right now. We still see through a glass darkly, having much to learn. Let us rejoice in what is known now and continue with our Lord.

    ReplyDelete