Monday, September 20, 2010

An Attack on God's Gifted

As I was reading in my Bible this morning, I came across Daniel 1:3-4  And the king spake unto Ashpenaz the master of his eunuchs, that he should bring certain of the children of Israel, and of the king's seed, and of the princes;  (4)  Children in whom was no blemish, but well favoured, and skilful in all wisdom, and cunning in knowledge, and understanding science, and such as had ability in them to stand in the king's palace, and whom they might teach the learning and the tongue of the Chaldeans.

When I came to this point, the Lord spoke to me about this and shed some new light on it for me and gave me a different emphasis. I find it interesting, and telling, that the king did not want the children of Israel that were ugly, weak, ignorant, and with no common sense. He waned the best that Israel had to offer. 

This is significant to us today because I believe it reveals the method of attack today by Satan: the world and Satan wants to go after God's gifted. When tempted of Satan (as Daniel and his three friends were later in the chapter with the kings meat and drink), we often think we are worthless to God. But just the opposite is true. We have a lot of God-given potential, and Satan wants to do whatever he can to stop it. The next time you are tempted to sin and stray from the Lord, realize it is the devil trying to lure you away from God and your God-given potential to do great things for the Lord. We would also do well to remember this as we minister to other Christians who are living in sin. They too, have potential to do great things for God. Stan realized it, but do we?

1 comment: